WEEE Collection Procedure
When you call to arrange collection, you will be asked by WeeeCare to verify that the waste to be collected is the responsibility of Uniwell UK
Depending on when the product was placed on the market, the following is required as evidence for WeeeCare before a request for collection is accepted.
Products to be collected and placed on the market after August 2005:
Confirmation that the products have 'crossed out wheelie bin symbols' which determine that they have been placed on the market after Aug 2005 and are therefore subject to the Weee Legislation. If this is not the case, then please forward a copy of sales invoice/order that shows that the items are Uniwell products and have been placed on the market after Aug 2005. This can be faxed, marked for the attention of Gary Hanna to 01133 854322.
Products to be collected and placed on the market before August 2005:
Copy of sales invoice/order that shows that the new replacement items are Uniwell products, and that the products being replaced have been purchased before Aug 2005.
This can be faxed, marked for the attention of Gary Hanna to 01133 854322.
The following information is also required for an accepted collection request:
- Description and quantity of the equipment to be collected
- Description, serial no. make and model of the old equioment to be collected.
- Approximate weight of product to be collected.
- Confirmation of how it is packed; shrink-wrapped and palletized ready for collection, or similar.
- Approximate dimensions.
- Confirmation that the item does not contain any hazardous material.
- Confirmation of times of access to the site, together with contact name/telephone number.
Please note that the collection of the WEEE products will not take place at the same time as delivery of the new ones.